Tuesday, March 4, 2008

I'm really gonna give this a try!

My sister, Becca has inspired me to finally do something with this blog. My friend Jeannie, made me start one last summer, and here it is March! Sorry Jeannie!

Life at the Leavens home seems to move along at lightning speed. Brianna is a Junior in high school. What that really means - is I am the mother of a Junior in high school. Just let that sink in for a moment. Mackenzie is in the 8th grade and doing well. She keeps all of us in stitches with her sense of humor! Carly is back at school full-time and doing rather well. We're grateful for that! It's actually Carly's 11th birthday today! Aaron is still enjoying school, although he may very well deny it if asked. He'll be 8 in April and is excited about getting baptised.

I'm getting my schedule back to "NORMAL." I've added working out back in to my life too. I joined CURVES and do that 3 days a week and try to get on the treadmill the other three. Still haven't lost a pound, but am feeling better and have a bit more energy. Besides shuttling kids around, I'm still finding time to scrapbook. It's my one sanity outlet!

Paul just got home on Saturday from a 3 day trip to Whistler to ski with his brother, Steve. He now needs to visit the chiropractor after a couple of the falls he took! He has the video to prove it! Work is keeping him busier and more stressed than he likes.

Now I'm going to try and get a few pics loaded on this...

Paul on top of the world in Whistler, B.C.

Paul and Steve at Whistler. This statue is found all over the mountain in preparation for the 2010 Olympics being held there.


In February, we went to some friend's, the Lavering's, cabin up Stevens Pass, by Lake Wenatchee. There was well over 5-6 feet of snow. Had to dig our way in to the cabin. This is a picture of us coming back from church on Sunday. Most of us stayed single file. Try doing this is heels!

Above are numerous pictures of our kids in the snow during this trip to the mountains. Right above are Paul and I on the left, Kevin and Natalie in the middle and Matt and Mary on the right. It was a great weekend full of relaxing, games and LOTS of food!

2 comments:

Becca said...

Look at you and all your pictures! Good job on figuring it out. Now if you can only keep it up and not wait until next year for another post I will be supper impressed!

jeannie said...

Good work Amster!! Your pictures are most fabulous. You have got to keep this up.It's so fun to see the updates and my kids will love seeing pictures of your kids. Happy Bday Carly!! We love you all!!