Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Rest of the Summer

Once we got home from Entiat, Brianna, Kenzie and I went to Girls Camp at Ensign Ranch. Laurie and I ran the store and post office again - a really nice gig, as far as gigs from Girls Camp go. While at camp, Carly and Aaron had "camp" of their own with the Gidewalls. Once camp was over, it was a mad dash to get ready for school. The summer was speedily coming to an end. So, with eye doctors, physicals, school shopping for 4, meetings with teachers, etc, it zoomed by and was very busy.

And just to cap off our summer - the day before school starts - while I was at ortho. appts, other errands and that meeting with teachers for Brianna and Kenzie's vision issues, our house was being broken into! Yes, you read that right. I had left Carly and Aaron home to finish cleaning their rooms (about 30 minutes), then they went next door to play the rest of the time. They left the front door unlocked and the house was unattended for 3 hours. We were cleaned out pretty good, I think our tally was over $20,000 worth of technology and jewelry. All that stuff is replaceable except for Paul's scriptures that he'd had since his mission, my wedding ring and our peace of mind. Some things just can't be replaced. We have all been pretty disturbed and I'm not feeling all too comfortable and secure in my home right now. Carly was even blaming herself that first day (she's doing fine now) saying that "When I was going to the neighbors, something told me to go and lock the front door and I didn't do it." It was a tough day and week actually. We're talking to an alarm company on Friday and will probably be getting a gate.

But the start of school went fine (no pics of Carly and Aaron because our nice camera was stolen and Paul's camera's battery was dead when I pulled it out that morning). Brianna and Kenzie are both liking their teachers and classes. They even have the same seminary period this year. They're enjoying that. Carly got the teacher she wanted and Aaron's back at Machias Elementary (our neighborhood school). NO MORE COMMUTING TO EVERETT!!! Just a little thrilled about that - sorry! He's adjusting fine. He feels like he has no friends yet, he's an 8 year old in a class with 9-11+ year olds. Academically it's going alright, he hates the writing he has to do, but what's new! Aaron's playing soccer, and Carly's starting piano back next week.

Here's to calmer waters and smoother sailing....

3 comments:

Janae' said...

Oh my goodness. I am soooo sorry to hear you were broken into. I so could not handle that. I hope that never ever happens again and you can soon feel peace again..

jeannie said...

I still can't believe that it happened again!! I would be getting a gate, a dog and a hot security guard to stand out by the gate.

Becca said...

I second the hot security guard idea!