Sunday, July 6, 2008

End of school craziness...

I'm finally back and am going to break all that's been going on into a few posts. After you see what all we've been up to, hopefully you'll forgive me for taking over a month to get to this.
With the beginning of June - all the end of school craziness set in with end of year programs for Carly - they put on a musical production of Treasure Island. Very cute and well done! Aaron's class put on a shadow puppet production about - brace yourself - Environment issues - which included global warming, anti-logging, save the whales, etc. Ask me sometime about my moment of moral dilemma with one of his assignments, then how I didn't go off, but stated my beliefs calmly and effectively. OK, basically, he came home with a digital voice recorder one night before the program, with two questions he was supposed to ask an adult before the next day. Here's what I had to answer:What is the biggest issue we're facing today, environmentally? And - What does your family do to save Mother Earth? And confession, my first response wasn't as nice as my actual, thought out response - Paul helped me with that over the phone... Everyone should be proud of me nonetheless. Aaron was operating the puppet next to the TV on the right.
Brianna also got an award from the English department at a special program one evening:
Carly had a piano recital a couple days after school ended - you probably can't see the song title she's playing - it's Right Here Waiting by Richard Marx. Bring back memories to any of you fans of 80's sappy love songs?
That's the end of all the end of school year activities. The real fun starts on my next post when my sister comes to town....

No comments: