Sunday, September 27, 2009

Meandering our Way - Part 3 - Salt Lake Family and Friends

First of all, why is Blogspot NOT letting me move the order of pictures around anymore? It used to, and now it doesn't. This picture should be at the end of this post, but instead, it's here and driving me quite nuts! I have order and alignment issues - I'm the first to admit. So, here it is anyway - My Aunt Rita, me, Aunt BJ and Uncle Bill - just pretend this is at the end and go to the next picture for the beginning: The REAL Beginning of the post:
We spent Tuesday of that week visiting family and this dear friend, Melissa Beck, in Salt Lake. Melissa was my roommate, my second year at Ricks (besides choosing to marry Paul, choosing Melissa for my roommate, was the best decision I made that semester!). Melissa works as Julie Beck's (General Relief Society President and no relation) secretary. We met her at her office and she showed us around the Relief Society building for a while (we were hoping to be able to meet Sister Beck, but her presidency meeting didn't end before we had to leave). So glad we were able to meet up with Melissa and say "Hi!"
My family, with Melissa, in the reception room in the Relief Society building.
Brianna, Aaron, Kenzie and Carly:
And again in front of the Salt Lake Temple:
My Aunt Rita joined us briefly for lunch at the Lion House - YUM! Then we went on a quick tour of the Beehive House (Brigham Young's home). Afterwards, we met up with Wendy, Paul's sister, and Emmie at the Church History Museum. Here is Wendy, Paul, Kenzie and Brianna:
Wendy, Paul, Aaron, Carly, Emmie, Brianna, Kenzie and Amy at the entrance of the Church History Museum:
Wendy and Paul:
When we were through at Temple Square, we headed over to my cousin Todd's home in Draper. My family, from the area, gathered here for dinner and a chance to chat. Below: Kenzie, Savannah, Carly, Jonah, Corbin, Tate, Mitch, Brianna and Aaron:

Kenzie, Savannah, Jonah, Carly and Corbin:
Tate, Brianna and Aaron:
Tate and Mitch racing around the yard:
Savannah, looking pretty darn cute and just like her mom, Karen!:
Jonah, showing us how he operates his fancy new chair:
Watch him go - he's a speed demon on that thing!:
Kathy and cousin Todd, Paul, Amy, Kenzie, Brianna and cousin Karen:
Now visualize the first picture right here.

1 comment:

Becca said...

Man you have issues when something doesn't work the way you want it!