Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving Day at the Leavens'

Thanksgiving rolled around and we were found with the usual crowd gathered for the day. Paul's parents arrived Wednesday evening and Tami, Todd and TJ joined us midday on Thursday, before we ate. Here are some shots of what people were doing to help prepare for the big meal:
Aaron practiced his ping pong juggling skills, he was getting pretty good after a while...
Carly enjoyed one satsuma after another - the kid's addicted I believe.
Paul, Tami and Todd are on potato detail. Two big pots are what's needed for this crowd - you've got to have enough for leftovers! I don't peel potatoes if I can help it:
Me finishing up with the gravy after the turkey came out and Kenzie buttering her rolls.
My beautiful bird... Sure was yummy! (TJ's in the background washing glasses)
Everyone poised to dig in. From the left - Kenzie, Brianna, TJ, Aaron, Grandpa, Grandma, Carly, Todd, Tami and me (Paul's behind the lens of the camera.)
The aftermath -
But wait! There's still pie to eat. We started this round a few hours after the main feast. You've got to let the turkey settle sufficiently to truly appreciate all the pie eating goodness we had before our eyes! Favorites were Marionberry and Apple/Berry Crumb from the Snohomish Pie Company (I don't make pies!)
I'll throw these few pics in from the Thanksgiving weekend. A popular activity was playing ping pong. Here are a few from rounds with Grandpa:
Now on to Christmas Tree Cutting...

4 comments:

Becca said...

when did you get the other couch in the living room upstairs?

Anonymous said...

I think I have the same dining room table as you! How funny!

Benjamin Boyles said...

is that three computer monitors set up in that office?

Kelly and Tyler said...

it looks like you had alot of fun with family and food. Ty and I were bummed we could not come this year. Hopefully next year!!